|"The Plant of West, Peachey & Sons. Inventors
and manufacturers of the Alligator Steam Warping Tug.
carry on a general machine shop. Mr. James Peachey and the
late John West the original members of the partnership, which
was formed January 8th, 1878, and which began operations in the plant formerly owned by
Montross and Fisher, on the corner now occupied by Joseph
Coates. The present buildings
were erected in 1879 and the firm has carried on business here continuously from that date
to this. In 1918, when Mr. West died, his sons John and Charles,
and Arthur Peachey were taken into the partnership."
John M. Stalker