Transcriptions | Preface | Essays | Individuals | Groups | Places | Articles | Back   

< Previous

Wilkie Products, Limited

Index >

Wilkie Products Limited plant. Large image, please wait...
"The Wilkie Products, Limited. Manufacturers of automobile piston rings and pins. Also conduct a general machine shop. In the spring of 1923 a body of local business men, consisting of Messrs. L. C. Gibson, B. W. Wallace, S. J. West, and W. C. Everett, realizing Simcoe's need for new industries, were successful in lining up a manufacturing proposition connected with the motor trade industry, and at once started the erection at Stanley and Head Streets of what is now recognized as one of Simcoe's principal industries. On Jan. 1st, 1924, the plant was completed and operations commenced. Under the management of L. A. Wilkie, who with the four above-named gentlemen comprised the board of directors, the future of the company is very bright."

Source: Simcoe and Norfolk County published by Pearce Publishing, 1924
(Out of print. Copy available for inspection at Norfolk Historical Society.)
Copyright 1997-2013 John Cardiff and Norfolk Historical Society