Transcriptions | Preface | Essays | Individuals | Groups | Places | Articles | Back   

< Previous

Trinity Anglican Church, Simcoe

Next >

"Trinity Anglican Church. On the second day of May, 1846, the Wardens of Trinity Anglican Church first secured the site of the present edifice.  The corner stone was laid in 1883, and shortly thereafter the building was completed as it stands today, although considerable interior decorating has recently been done. In the year 1914, the Canon Hicks Memorial Hall was erected, in loving memory of a Rector who had served the parish faithfully and well for many years. The names of others who have ministered to the congregation in bygone years will be found in the Sketch of Simcoe."
[The Sketch of Simcoe is not yet available online.]
Also see:
Canon Hicks
Rev. Charles Keith Masters

Source: Simcoe and Norfolk County published by Pearce Publishing, 1924
(Out of print. Copy available for inspection at Norfolk Historical Society.)
Copyright 1997-2013 John Cardiff and Norfolk Historical Society