Transcriptions | Preface | Essays | Individuals | Groups | Places | Articles | Back 

< Previous

Falls Department Store

Next >

Falls Department Store. Large image, please wait...
"THE H. S. FALLS COMPANY STORE -- This magnificent building at the corner of Norfolk and Robinson Streets, was erected in 1912. The site will be remembered as the old Gore Bank corner and later the location of the private bank of Duncan Campbell, Esq. The spacious quarters now occupied by the H. S. Falls Company were rendered necessary by the gradual growth of the business down through the years. The business was originally established by the late N. C. Ford, and was afterwards carried on by Geo. J. McKiee. The Ford Company first operated at the southwest corner of Norfolk and Peel Streets, later moving to a site opposite the present Falls store."

Also see:
Harvey S. Falls

Falls Department Store Employees

Source: Simcoe and Norfolk County published by Pearce Publishing, 1924
(Out of print. Copy available for inspection at Norfolk Historical Society.)
Copyright 1997-2018 John Cardiff and Norfolk Historical Society