Etc. -- McCall-Fairchild Burying Ground
Introduction | Source Documents | Other Sources | Photocopies | Back
 

Established in 1798, McCall-Fairchild Burying Ground [GPS: N 42 46.040 | W 80 20.463] overlooks Young's Creek in historic Charlotteville Township, about a mile and a half northwest of Vittoria. It is located at the rear of private property, one of the original McCall family homesteads, on the south side of Concession 5, west of Charlotteville East Line Road, north of Young's Creek, on a small bluff. 
-- see photo enlargement.
Camera: HP 717
[Compiler's Comments: There is no sign or marker at the roadway, or on the iron fence that now surrounds the site to identify it. This cemetery was closed to further burials in 1878. Everyone buried here is believed a descendant or in-law of UEL settler Donald McCall and his wife Elsie Simpson. The rod iron fence and at least two of the stones were erected by descendants following WWII. Recently (post 2000) the cemetery has been improved; brush has been cleared, the path through the woods to the cemetery as been trimmed, the lawn inside the fence has been mowed, and several of the stones have been re-erected, not necessarily in their original spots.]
Photographed 7 May 2006 by McCall descendant John Cardiff
--also see our online video of this cemetery 

 
Copyright 2006-2016 John Cardiff