A very pretty wedding took place
on the evening of 15 Dec 1909, at the home of the bride's parents, Mr.
and Mrs. D. W. Bancroft, near Simcoe, when their daughter, Clara E.,
became the bride of Walter W. Schuyler of Townsend.
Promptly at seven o'clock the
bride descended the stairs to the strains of the wedding march,
beautifully rendered by Miss Dora McInally, and took her place before a
bank of flowers and folage, where the ceremony was performed by Rev. Mr.
[Kitobing], in the presence of about 50 guests.
The bride was gowned in white
silk mull, and wore the customary bridal veil, and carried a shower
bouquet of bridal roses.
Gladys, the bride's little
sister, acted as flower girl, and wore blue silk mull, and carried a
basket of pink and white carnations, while Kenneth Hyde, the groom's
little nephew carried the ring on a tray of flowers.
After congratulations, all
repaired to the dining room, where a wedding supper was partaken of; the
tables were decorated with lovely asters and chrysanthemums.
The bride was the recipient of
many useful and pretty presents -- the groom's gift to the bride being a
gold watch and fob; to the pianist and little flower girl each a gold
brooch, and to the ring bearer a stick pin.
The bride's travelling suit was
of blue, with hat to match. The bride and groom left amid showers of
rice and confetti for the depot, where they took the train for
Western cities to spend their honeymoon.