The burial of the late John
Rollings took place at Walsh Cemetery on 20 Nov 1919, after a quiet and
impressive service at his residence in Port Dover.
Rev. Mr. Brand, pastor of the
Methodist Church in Port Dover, conducted the service at the home. Mr.
Clark, pastor of the Walsh Methodist Church conducted the burial
Mr. Kaufman sang a touching
solo, No Need of Shadows. The bearers were Gordon and Howard
Roy Turvey, Clayton Thompson, Charles Stitt and
Cecil Guiler, nephews of the departed.
The late John Rollings, 73, came
from Dunstable, England, 46 years ago. He lived at Walsh some 30 years,
then retired and made his home in Port Dover.
He leaves to mourn his loss, his
widow, one daughter: Mrs. James Neilson of Guelph, a brother: Walter
Rollings of Walsh, a sister: Mrs. James Dyer of Vittoria, and one
brother and sister in England.