Etc. -- Harold M. Jackson wed S. Jeanette Brock
Introduction | Source Documents | Other Sources | Photocopies | Back 

A lightly edited transcription of a page 1 article in the 1 Jul 1920 issue of the Simcoe Reformer.

A PRETTY MONTH-END WEDDING

A very pretty wedding was solemnized at the Anglican Church, St. Williams on Wednesday, 30 Jun 1920 at 3.30 p.m., when Jeannette Brock, younger daughter of the late John F. Brock and Mrs. Brock of St. Williams, was united in marriage to Mr. Harold Menzie Jackson, youngest son of J. B. Jackson of Simcoe.

Rev. Arthur Shore, R.D., rector of Grace Church, Ilderton, Ontario, officiated. The groomsman was Mr. Bruce T. Jackson of Simcoe, cousin of the groom, while Miss Marion B. Kilgore of Delhi, acted as maid of honor. The bridesmaids were Miss Bertha and Miss Elsie McCall, cousins of the bride.

Little Helen Matheson acted as train bearer, and Mary B. Jackson, sister of the groom, made a charming flower girl. Miss Evelyn Murray of Toronto played the wedding march.

The bride looked her best in a dress of ivory charmeuse with trimming of Carrickmacross lace, carrying a shower bouquet of pale pink and white roses, with white snapdragon, as she entered the church with her uncle, Mr. Bruce McCall, who gave her away.

The maid of honor wore an orchid georgette dress and leghorn hat with flowers of blue and rose on the brim, carrying a bouquet of ophelia roses, orchids and delphiniums. The bridesmaids wore white dresses with transparent white hats trimmed with pink roses and blue forget-me-nots, and carried bouquets of pink and white marguerites. 

The flower girl and train bearer were dressed in white organdy with frilled skirts, and carried bouquets of sweetheart roses.

The ushers were Mr. Gordon Jackson, cousin of the groom, and Mr. Clayton McCall, cousin of the bride.

The church was beautifully decorated with orchids, pink and white peonies and ferns.

After the ceremony the wedding party motored to the home of the bride's mother, which was decorated beautifully for the reception that followed.

The bride's traveling frock was of blue tricolette and sand colored hot and gloves. The proposed trip was to Georgian Bay, and on their return the happy couple will reside at 153 Union Street, Simcoe.

The presents were many and handsome.

Out of town guests were:
Mr. and Mrs. W. G. Jackson of London,
Mrs. A. H. Jackson and daughter of Buffalo,
Miss Emma Fenton of Brantford,
Mrs. Ina Williamson of Walkerton,
Miss Bertha Jennings of Toronto,
Mrs. C. L. Bicknell of London,
 

 
Copyright 2017 John Cardiff