A very quiet autumn wedding
took place at the handsome home of Mr. & Mrs. Wm. D. Bailey of
4 Oct 1910 at 5
o'clock, when Mrs. Bailey's youngest sister, Miss Pearl Hodgson,
was married to Mr. Ernest Derbyshire of Essex County. The ceremony
by Rev. Mr. Hoskins in the presence of a few friends. There were
The bride entered the room
on the arm of her brother-in-law, Mr. Bailey, who gave her away.
Miss Beatrice Bailey played the wedding music charmingly. The parlour in which the
ceremony took place had been darkened, and Japanese lanterns
provided the illumination. The wedding party stood beneath an arch
of palms, the bride wearing a handsome gown of blue silk.
After the signing of the
register, the party proceeded to the dining-room, which was
decorated with wedding bells and lighted with Japanese lanterns.
The wedding repast was a bountiful one and was daintily served. The gifts bestowed upon the
bride were very handsome, the present from the groom being a gold
broach set with pearls. He gave the pianist a pearl stick-pin.
Mr. and Mrs. Derbyshire
left after the festivities for their home on the Front Road,
Mrs. Derbyshire will be
remembered by many resident
of the town as the youngest daughter of the late Mr. Edward L.