The marriage of Miss Mary
Gertrude Baillie, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Byron B. Baillie of
Norfolk Street North, Simcoe, to Mr. Thomas Lloyd Rivers of Exeter, took
place Sunday morning, 4 Apr 1920.
The service was read by the
rector of Trinity church, Rev. A. B. Farney, and the bride was given
away by her father in the presence of immediate families and relatives.
After the ceremony the young
couple left for a short honeymoon trip west. On their return they will
take up residence in Merlin.
Mr. and Mrs. Rivers are held in
high esteem in Simcoe, where they have a host of friends that join in
The young bride had exceptional
gifts that endeared her to her associates.
At the outbreak of the
war, the bridegroom was on the staff of the Molsons Bank here, and
with three brothers enlisted promptly for overseas. They all returned --
the groom of Sunday with a decoration for distinguished service.