by cow's froth
The funeral of the late Jas.
Turnbull of Middleton on Wednesday of last week was one of the
largest in years in that district.
He had been treating a cow
for a bad foot, which died, and while burying the careass on Friday
afternoon it is supposed he got some of the froth of the animal's
mouth into a small cut on his hand. Before night he was suffering
terribly with blood poisoning, and beyond all human aid, dying
Two cows died previously
under like circumstances, and it is altogether likely an
investigation will follow.