Master Johnny Robinson
took a shell to school the other morning, and picked the cap
with a knife. The result was that it exploded, shattering his
Dr. J. E. Anderson of
Scotland was called and relieved him somewhat and ordered him
to be taken to the Brantford Hospital, where it was found
necessary to amputate two fingers and the thumb of his left
hand and part of the thumb on his right hand.
He was also injured
about the forehead and eyes, but the doctors say that his
sight will not be affected permanently.
It was indeed a close
call for other children that were near him. Four windows were
shattered by the explosion.
The unfortunate little
fellow will have the sympathy of the whole community in his
sad accident and all hope for his speedy recovery.